Hey there, we’re Integry. We’re a distributed startup headquartered in San Francisco, California with teams working from anywhere they want. We’re helping apps talk to each other so they can help get work done for you.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) who is can manage Integry's growing infrastructure reliability needs. You’ll be working on deploying, managing, securing and monitoring on the core service build on PHP, Python and with the front end on React. You are a stickler for the details and care deeply about your craft and execution.
Fulltime position anywhere in or around Pakistan
You will help build the world’s most advanced integration platform yet alongside a small team who are the best in what they do. The work is challenging; the scope is broad, there’s a ton of autonomy. Founded by engineers who care about design and experiences, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and level-up your game.
Your day to day would include working through product implementation and decisions with the founders, making technology decisions, building technology at scale.
- Working experience on Google Cloud Platform or equivalent like AWS / Azure
- Experience working on *unix platforms
- Experience creating / managing VMs. Understanding of backup strategies for VMs and their data restoration
- Experience working with docker images. Knowledge of Kubernetes will be preferred.
- Experience writing scripts to automate processes related to infrastructure
- Experience maintaining and securing databases like MySQL. This includes the ability to manage backup strategy, implementing audit logs, and manage user permissions
- Knowledge of git repositories and implementing continuous integration will be considered a plus
- Knowledgeable in security best-practices from a deployment and systems management perspective
- End-to-end management of VMs
- Providing VM support to applications such as Redis, MongoDB, etc
- Implement availability and scalability strategies on GCP
- Setting up firewalls and running infrastructure on VPN
- Ensure that all infrastructure elements are up and running with close to 100% availability
- Setup alerts for important situations and taking steps to restore from any incident immediately
- Manage role-based permissions to the infrastructure resources for different team members
- Managing load and traffic over instances and the ability to scale up the infrastructure
- Measure/monitor the performance, availability, and reliability (overall health of the system)
- Experience writing code scripts python etc
- Measure the impact of running services on cost and how to keep the cost reduced/controlled
- Conduct post-incident Root Cause Analysis
- Bridge with the engineering team to work and improve the release processes
- Monitor and develop the best solutions to keep the infrastructure secure. This includes unauthorized system access and vulnerability detection
- Ability to quickly respond to any production incident
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related fields
- At least five years of experience working with Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
WORKING AT INTEGRY
- Integry has always been a distributed team. You can work from wherever you want.
- We don’t have timings; we have regular check-ins. You work at whatever time suits you.
- As an early employee, you’ll get stock options in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Coverage for you, your dependents, your loved ones, or anyone you care for
- Flexible parental leave.
- Education fund for courses, books
- Upgrade your own laptop or get a custom laptop from us
- are curious who likes to learn new things and are down to dive into complex technical topics and learn about them
- are self-motivated and comfortable working with yourself and in a team. You know how to get in front of things and are proactive, not reactive.
- don’t mind wearing many hats from software construction to helping build presentations. We all do it.